aTurnos has designed a functionality that allows you to edit and set up tasks/queues according to different criteria.
For companies that need easier management, the queues are kept open and the generation of tasks/appointments is constant, which is what we have defined as the minimum version. The followed process is detailed below:
1. Define which roles or abilities will allow the employees to attend certain tasks. The system will take those skills into account when assigning tasks. The skills are determined by rating them from 1 to 5 stars, if a worker has below 3 stars he or she will not be eligible to do that task.
2. The system assigns the tasks to the workers given the real planning of the workforce, the number of tasks are adjusted to the planning and timing. For each queue, customized data is defined, such as the average costumer service time, the flow of each task, the status of the tasks, the notifications or confirmation SMS, etc. The assignment of tasks is based on the real personnel schedule available as detailed in the following image.
3. Now we have our co-workers in charge of the system. In their visualization they request new tasks, check the delays in each one of them, notify when the customer is in the store or review the current or forecasted workload. The function of the assignment and start of new tasks is designed so that the worker only has to "click" on "Next" to start executing the assigned task or at certain times prioritize tasks under criteria that can be defined by the team leader.
4. aTurnos generates a large amount of data that helps us understand our performance to meet the costumers needs. The information is displayed as total tasks, total customer service time, average wait times, average attentions, etc. by team or queue (tasks to assign).
5. All these data help planning better, optimize resources and know the moments we need more staff to meet the demand. The demand generated by the tasks is connected to the Feature of the Operations Assistant that helps us detecting needs and looking for the best profiles of workers. The following chart shows for each 15 min the number of appointments requested and the number of appointments started.